Monday, April 30, 2018

April OMG - Done

I'm not super excited about the different sized 4-patches anymore, but I wanted to finish this all the way.   I can take it apart later, once I've made another cover.  :P  I decided that I really do want one that is all colors with squares everywhere.  And it makes me laugh that I like the back of this (with the Elda print) more than the front.

I found the center, ironed a crease, the placed the squares, holding them in place with Roxanne's glue because I do not like being poked by pins.

It wasn't too tough to stitch around the edges:


I was interested with how different it felt to have the edge to the left of the presser foot, as opposed to the right side where I usually have it.  I think sewing can be done in any direction, is I right?  Or is I left?  ((from the BFG))

Sewing straight is tough, especially in a long line.  I did not cut my pieces all to the same length, so the bottom edge was uneven...   I am choosing to see this as a learning opportunity.  :P



I think I need to find something smaller/QAYG style because this was a LOT of fabric to move around, and there wasn't even any batting!  I'm not ready to quilt a big big quilt on my home machine.  Yet. 

Linking back to our host, Patty of Elm Street Quilts.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete