Tuesday, April 7, 2020

April OMG - stripes

(I am pretty sure) I began this blanket in April of 2014.   I am almost ready to call it finished.

I am currently adding grays for the cloudy skies and the confusion that hang over me.  I finished the obnoxiously bright rainbow surrounded by blues for sadness and tears to say good-bye to my brother.  He hung himself on 27 March.  When my grandmother (mother's side) passed away in December of 2014, I had just begun my Cosy Stripe (but in rainbow order) and I had seen a lovely rainbow over Monterey Bay, so now I think of rainbows as a way for souls to get to the other side.





My OMG, hosted by Patty of Elm Street Quilts, is to add more colored stripes so that it feels done...  I know I want the sun to break through the gray clouds, and it needs some more purple!

2 comments:

  1. Hugs. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry about your brother. These are hard times in lots of different ways. Your crocheting is lovely.

    ReplyDelete