Wednesday, August 9, 2017

33 and 1/3

Today I am 33 and 1/3 years old.

I "started" this blog in September of 2013 to document my second tour to Korea.  My family and my heart stayed in California that long year.  I think I had posted maybe twice that year...  I was scared it was not going to come out "right".  So I deleted those posts.  Silly me.  Now I do not remember the details of what it was like, to be there alone.  I recall staring at the wall a lot, at the pattern on the door.  I made it into a mini quilt I gave to my Grandma!

I named my blog after the song from "Rent" that goes like this:

Five hundred twenty-five thousand six hundred minutes
Five hundred twenty-five thousand moments so dear
Five hundred twenty-five thousand six hundred minutes
How do you measure - measure a year?

In daylights- in sunsets
In midnights- in cups of coffee
In inches- in miles
In laughter- in strife

I like coffee.  I like lattes even more - vanilla, extra hot!  Cups of coffee seems like a pretty good way to measure things, huh?  But I also like sewing and playing with yarn - all the pretty colors!  I want to be better at taking all the ideas I have bouncing around my head, and actually creating something.

I do not want to waste another day, or 1/3 year*, or 525,600 minutes.   "Forget regret, or life is yours to miss."

*Seriously, I need to get ready now for Christmas because I get so easily distracted.  :P  I only mailed 6 out of the 20 cards I made for New Year's 2017.  And that was in April...!

No comments:

Post a Comment