Saturday, August 5, 2017

Aug OMG - UFO from 1997

20 years ago (way back in the summer of 1997!) when I was 13, we moved from CA to CT.  We stayed with my grandparents while my newly-retired from the Marines father and mother looked for a new home for us.  I missed CA, but I enjoyed that summer because I got to sleep in my Grandma Taylor's sewing room!

I made this not-quite-square block:
8.5" ish
And this dinky (4.5" ish x 3.25") little fussy-cut piece:




My seams were not even or straight...


Still, I like the colors I used. These are scraps from Grandma!  My favorite is the one with those purple, green and yellow flowers.  <3

My OMG is to take this apart and straighten it out.  ((extra credit: add border and turn into a wall hanging))    Linking back to our host:  Elm Street Quilts




2 comments:

  1. What fun memories! If you have a photo of your grandma (maybe with you) you could print it on fabric and piece it with the blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck on your project.

    ReplyDelete