Saturday, July 29, 2017

July OMG - done

I finished the top back on Saturday the 15th, but then I got distracted...  Where did the last 2 weeks go?  ((Only 149 days until Christmas!))



I also found some fabric for the backing.  Months, maybe even 2 years ago, my daughter won a $25 certificate at the local fabric shop and wanted to buy the rest of this bolt, about 5 1/2 yards.  :)  Now I have a use for it!
Pale blue with white triangles.
Extra bits sewn together, a bit wobbly...  I want to include it on the back.
Now I need to double check that I am happy with all my seams and move on to the final steps.  Most of the squares nestled nicely together, so I am pleased!  I also kept all the directional prints facing the correct way.  Yay!  Cutting out all the blocks wasn't nearly as hard as I though it would be, so I am very glad I joined this sew-a-long.

Linking back to our lovely host:
Elm Street Quilts

ps:  Here are some slightly smaller (6") squares for my rainbow version.  I am maybe 1/3 or 1/2 done cutting?  Purple is my favorite color, so there will be a lot of purple squares!  Kekekeke.


4 comments:

  1. Congrats on meeting your July OMG. I like your rainbow version too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you joined this sew along too. I hope it created a helpful bit of flow. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete