Friday, March 2, 2018

BBQ-AL, part one

I cut up 11 more squares:



I really liked the post about setting aside a larger chunk of time for the steps that are harder for you.  I need to make me/cutting squares a priority for that one free day I have each week.  Who needs groceries and clean dishes/laundry, right?  :P

still fuzzy maths:
If my duvet cover is 90" and my squares are cut at 6", when I factor in seams, I need 16.3ish squares to cover the width (or length, since it is a square!) so let's go with 16 and it will be 88".  I might make a border, or I might cut more squares, but there is some extra space on the current cover, so maybe 88" will be fine.

16x16 = 256   I like 16 better than 17 because I can sew them into 4 patches.  But if I go with 17, then the pattern (maybe a trip around the world?) can be symmetrical...  Too many choices!

Let's get back to cutting and then I can lay it out.  I want to keep this a flexible plan.  :)

I will use this project as my March OMG (Elm Street Quilts): cut more squares, enough to get me to the half-way point... And this will also be one of my new 6and6 in 2018.  (future link)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck on your project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're making progress, that's what's important. I often figure out things as I go. =)

    ReplyDelete